Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: ghc: ghc-doc package includes /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/*.txt files.

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 07.10.2012, 18:02 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> Hi. I missed this e-mail.
>
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> > Please, again, do not use runghc in packaging scripts. There are
> > architectures in Debian that do not support that. Always compile first
> > and then run it.
>
> Can haskell-devscripts be changed to Architecture Depended package?
> If haskell-devscripts includes haddock-collect compiled, it should be
> Architecture Depended package.

oh, good point. For the copy in ghc, this is not a problem. For the copy
in haskell-devscripts, it is...

Since you have the program in ghc anyways, how about shipping it with
ghc (or rather, in ghc-haddock, which is built from the ghc source
package)? Then you would not need the copy in haskell-devscripts.

> > Also, I guess after running haddock-collect the .txt file
> > in /usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/*/ can be deleted, can’t it?
>
> I think some user maybe use /usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/*/*.txt files.
> Because this file path is defined with the convention between haddock
> and hoogle .

Ok.

Maybe we van get rid of this haddock-collect hack completely, that is
causing so much trouble:

After all, haddock already knows the path of the html files, it is
passed to it from Cabal via --htmldir=$(DEB_HADDOCK_HTML_DIR) (see
hlibrary.mk), which passes it to haddock.
Can’t haddock just put the @url line into the hoogle text file? It seems
to be a simple change in ./src/Haddock/Backends/Hoogle.hs, function
ppHoogle. This change could then be submitted to the haddock authors so
that we don’t have to keep patching their source.

Then all that remains to be done in the packaging scripts is to move the
haddock file to /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/.