Re: Packaging non-library Haskell

Somebody signing messages as Joachim Breitner wrote:
>Am Sonntag, den 15.04.2012, 07:38 -0500 schrieb Stephen Paul Weber:
>> Ok, I should look at the cabal copy thing, especially if it supports data
>> files :)
>
>actually, accessing tmp-inst-ghc is as good as that, as that is the
>result of "cabal copy"; some of my rules files call cabal copy a second
>time, but this can be avoided.

Ok, so I just need to look at where cabal puts data files and copy them
over.

>> Which is sucessfully building and packaging my (admittedly simple)
>> smtp2mta
>> package.
>
>It is a start. If course, you should not install any library files (see
>the find parameter sets in hlibrary.mk).

Library files never get installed to tmp-inst-ghc/usr/bin, do they?

>I guess there are 5 classes of
>files in tmp-ghc-inst that hlibrary needs to shove in the right
>packages.
> * Library files
> * Prof files
> * Doc files
> * Binaries
> * Rest (which ought to be data)

There are no prof files for non-libraries, right?  In which case libraries
and prof files are handled by the existing logic.  Haddock files and put in
*-doc by the existing logic, README and similar docs seem to be put in the
main package, which seems correct to me.  Binaries are copied by the logic
I'm prototyping.  So that leaves "everything else".  I should experiment
with a more complex Haskell application, like maybe darcs.

- --
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted
edition right joseph