Re: Packaging non-library Haskell

Somebody signing messages as Joachim Breitner wrote:
>there are more examples, with varying levels of sensibility. hledger
>(which access debian/tmp-inst-ghc) is a pretty good example.

I will take a look at that.

>The real solution is to beef up hlibrary.mk to automatically do that;
>see http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2012/03/msg00047.html for a
>sketch of a specificatoin. Stephen, if you are interested in doing that
>(which would answer your question 2), that would be great!

Ok, I should look at the cabal copy thing, especially if it supports data
files :)

It seems like any specific 'bar' package would need custom install rules and
such anyway, so probably all hlibrary needs to do is detect if there is a
package being built by the same name as some binary, and not install the
binary into foo if there is?

>You should not have to run dh_haskell_{provides,depends,shlibdeps} for
>packages containing binaries only, as Haskell libraries are always
>linked statically.

*facepalm* Of course!  Just normal dh_shlibdeps.  Oh, and that gets run
later anyway.  Awesome.  I now have this:

#!/usr/bin/make -f
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk

build/$(CABAL_PACKAGE):: build-ghc-stamp

install/$(CABAL_PACKAGE):: debian/tmp-inst-ghc
	cd debian/tmp-inst-ghc ; find usr/bin/ \
		-exec install -Dm 755 '{}' ../$(notdir $@)/'{}' ';'

Which is sucessfully building and packaging my (admittedly simple) smtp2mta
package.

- --
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted