Re: Haskell-hoogle package is ready for upload.

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 22.09.2012, 23:46 +0900 schrieb Kiwamu Okabe:
> Umm...
> But who puts "example.txt" on /usr/share/doc/libghc-*-doc/html path?
> I think the path is haddock's html directory.

Who knows? the html directory could also be used for something else. The
file ending .txt is unfortunate anyways, as it is not really text but
data for a specific program – hence my vote for a more specific file
name.

> > Looking through your code again, I am still confused why you need to
> > such things at install time at all.
> >
> > Can’t you, at build time of the package in question (i.e. in ghc and via
> > haskell-devscripts) already fix the .txt file (i.e. the effect of
> > haddoc-collect) and ship the resulting file in,
> > say, /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/ (which would nicely sit next
> > to /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/). As a side effect this avoids the
> > compression by dh_comporess. Then the hoogle trigger only needs to watch
> > precisely this directory, and hoogle-update only needs to convert the
> > files there and run "hoogle combine" on the result.
> >
> > Also, is there any reason to keep the .hoo files (besides default.hoo)
> > around?
>
> Ah!
> How about haskell-devscripts add @url line to txt file by
> haddock-collect command?
> Now debian's hooglize process is...
>
> (haddock)=> txt file =(haddock-collect)=> txt file with @url line
> =(hoogle)=> foo file ...
>
> Txt file doesn't know the path for html.
> But "txt file with @url line" know the path.
> Then "txt file with @url line" is relocatable for
> /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/ or /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/.
> All libghc-*-doc and ghc-doc packages should have "txt file with @url line"?
> I think "txt file with @url line" should be named with another extension.
>
> I will try to implement it, if get the team's go sign.

Exactly, thanks for giving it a try!

BTW, are the URLs correct at the moment? When I run
$ hoogle -l 'intersperse'
Data.List intersperse :: a -> [a] -> [a] -- http://localhost/cgi-bin/hoogle/file/usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/base-4.5.0.0/Data-List.html#v:intersperse
[..]

I would expect
file://usr/share/doc/ghc-doc/html/libraries/base-4.5.0.0/Data-List.html#v:intersperse
instead. I believe that hoogle should work from the command line fine
even without a webserver installed.