Re: Haskell-hoogle package is ready for upload.

Hi Joachim.

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> sorry for the regression, certainly we can do better. I do not like this
> find-based approach at all. After all, what happens if some package
> ships an "example.txt" in their documentation – wouldn’t things break?

Umm...
But who puts "example.txt" on /usr/share/doc/libghc-*-doc/html path?
I think the path is haddock's html directory.

> Looking through your code again, I am still confused why you need to
> such things at install time at all.
>
> Can’t you, at build time of the package in question (i.e. in ghc and via
> haskell-devscripts) already fix the .txt file (i.e. the effect of
> haddoc-collect) and ship the resulting file in,
> say, /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/ (which would nicely sit next
> to /usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/). As a side effect this avoids the
> compression by dh_comporess. Then the hoogle trigger only needs to watch
> precisely this directory, and hoogle-update only needs to convert the
> files there and run "hoogle combine" on the result.
>
> Also, is there any reason to keep the .hoo files (besides default.hoo)
> around?

Ah!
How about haskell-devscripts add @url line to txt file by
haddock-collect command?
Now debian's hooglize process is...

(haddock)=> txt file =(haddock-collect)=> txt file with @url line
=(hoogle)=> foo file ...

Txt file doesn't know the path for html.
But "txt file with @url line" know the path.
Then "txt file with @url line" is relocatable for
/usr/lib/ghc-doc/haddock/ or /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/.
All libghc-*-doc and ghc-doc packages should have "txt file with @url line"?
I think "txt file with @url line" should be named with another extension.

I will try to implement it, if get the team's go sign.

Regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe