Re: xmonad in experimental

Hi,

Am Montag, den 09.07.2012, 07:57 -0400 schrieb Ryan Kavanagh:
> > Do you really need both libghc-pandoc-dev _and_ pandoc as a build
> > dependency? I’d expect it to either use the command line tool _or_ use
> > the Haskell library.
>
> Yes, we need both. util/GenerateManpage.hs does not call pandoc directly
> (that rawSystem line was commented out upstream), but rather uses
> libghc-pandoc-dev.  However, we need the additional build-dependency on
> pandoc for the manpage/html templates[0]. Without this build-dependency
> (or something providing the templates), you get:
>
>     GenerateManpage.hs: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at util/GenerateManpage.hs:79:5-18)
>     GenerateManpage.hs: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at util/GenerateManpage.hs:86:5-18)
>
> where lines 79 and are 86, respectively:
>
>     Right template <- getDefaultTemplate Nothing "man"
>     Right template <- getDefaultTemplate Nothing "html"
>
> Would it be worth filing a bug against libghc-pandoc-dev to have at
> least a recommends on pandoc put in place?

I guess there should be a pandoc-data package that is depended upon by
both pandoc and libghc-pandoc-dev, similar to libghc-citeproc-hs-data.
Whether this dependency should be carried over to anything built using
pandoc is debatable; the infrastructure would be there in hlibrary.mk.

A Recommends on pandoc would be ok as well.