Re: xmonad in experimental

Hi Joachim,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:43:14AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 08.07.2012, 20:31 -0400 schrieb Ryan Kavanagh:
> > I finally got around to preparing xmonad for experimental. I've built
> > and tested the packages, everything seems to work fine. If others would
> > like to test, you can either build your own from the sources (below) or
> > get them from
> >     deb http://people.debian.org/~rak/xmonad-experimental/ unstable main
> > (signed with my GPG key, 4A11C97A).
>
> I reviewed the commit logs and they look good, thanks a lot for taking
> better care of xmonad!

Thanks for reviewing.

> Do you really need both libghc-pandoc-dev _and_ pandoc as a build
> dependency? I’d expect it to either use the command line tool _or_ use
> the Haskell library.

Yes, we need both. util/GenerateManpage.hs does not call pandoc directly
(that rawSystem line was commented out upstream), but rather uses
libghc-pandoc-dev.  However, we need the additional build-dependency on
pandoc for the manpage/html templates[0]. Without this build-dependency
(or something providing the templates), you get:

    GenerateManpage.hs: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at util/GenerateManpage.hs:79:5-18)
    GenerateManpage.hs: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at util/GenerateManpage.hs:86:5-18)

where lines 79 and are 86, respectively:

    Right template <- getDefaultTemplate Nothing "man"
    Right template <- getDefaultTemplate Nothing "html"

Would it be worth filing a bug against libghc-pandoc-dev to have at
least a recommends on pandoc put in place?

If all else is well, I'll upload by the end of the day.

Best wishes,
Ryan

[0] http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/pandoc/filelist ,
    /usr/share/pandoc-1.9.4.2/templates/default.{html,man}

--
|_)|_/  Ryan Kavanagh             |  GnuPG key