Re: darcs: shelltestrunner: Initial Check-In

Hi,

Am Montag, den 19.03.2012, 19:33 +0100 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> > There is
> > another way which I find cleaner, and which you can see in the
> > threadscope package; this uses cabal copy and will also work with
> > possible data files (but does not work so well if it is a
> > executable/library-bundle).
>
> I've looked at threadscope, but it seems to me that the cabal copy is
> more fragile: you don't know/control what it will be installed. Hence,
> the fact that (in threadscope) you have to manually remove
> debian/…/usr/share/doc.

Also true. Here is a third, maybe cleaner way: Use
	debian/tmp-inst-ghc
in debian/*.install files. This is actually where hlibrary.mk already
--copy’s stuff to (in debian/tmp-inst-ghc), and the various
install/lib-foo-* targets install stuff from to debian/lib-foo-*. I’ll
try that the next case I come across such a package.

> By the way, speaking of threadscope: I've seen one issue (wrong Vcs-*
> URLs) and a small optimisation (replace in debian/rules threadscope with
> $(CABAL_PACKAGE)), and I've committed fixes for these; I hope this is OK
> by the etiquette of the group.

Yes, it is OK and appreciated.