Re: shelltestrunner?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 02:42:35PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you are subscribed :-)

Indeed :)

> Am Donnerstag, den 08.03.2012, 14:28 +0100 schrieb Iustin Pop:
> > I would be interested to use shelltestrunner but it seems it's not
> > packaged, and neither is one of its dependencies: FileManipCompat.
> >
> > Does anyone know what's the story with filemanip and FileManipCompat?
> > Would it be OK to provide both in Debian?
>
> I suggest you first contact the authors and see why there are two
> packages, and if they can be merged. The fewer packages, the less work
> for us.

That is indeed an option. From what I gather from the internets,
FileManipCompat was for a while a windows-specific package, but this
(windows-specific) disappeared from its description a while back.

Anyway, I see three options:

- try to get the packages merged
- try to get shelltestrunner to work, as distributed by upstream, with
  either (can cabal do this?)
- try to see if shelltestrunner can work with the 'plain' filemanip
  package, and eventually use it as such

> > And last question, did anyone else look at/started working on
> > shelltestrunner?
>
> Not that I know of.

OK. Then FYI, I'll try to see about solving the dependency issue and
getting it packaged, in my "copious" amounts of free time :)

> > thanks,
> > iustin (who hasn't done any haskell packaging work yet :)
>
> I like the “yet”. Welcome on board!

Thanks!

iustin