Re: ghci on arm (Was: haskell-cmdargs: FTBFS on many arches: Template Haskell bracket illegal in a stage-1 compiler)

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:34:10 +0100, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas@centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hi All,

Hello.

> first of all I need to give credit where it should be. Majority of code
> to support GHCi on ARM was written by Ben Gamari (who is cced on this
> email). I've provided just testing and a bug fix or two. Anyway, the
> support is still not there, which means some debugging and fixes are
> needed. Keep in mind, ARM does have a load of ELF reallocations to take
> care about...

As it turns out, I'll probably be working on this a bit at Hac Boston in
a few weeks. We'll have to see what happens. Soon I'll be taking
shipment of a PandaBoard, which should make builds slightly more
tolerable.

If anyone knows people experienced in ARM linker implementation, then feel
free to send them my way. At this point I'm at the difficult point of
figuring out why some relocation (plural?) sends the CPU to the
middle of nowhere. I've had next to no experience with linker
implementation in general, much less the mess that seems to be ARM, so
feedback from someone with some experience in this field would be
definitely appreciated. As Karel said, there is no Haskell code here at
all; strictly C.

Cheers,

- Ben