Re: ghci on arm (Was: haskell-cmdargs: FTBFS on many arches: Template Haskell bracket illegal in a stage-1 compiler)

Hi All,

first of all I need to give credit where it should be. Majority of code to support GHCi on ARM was written by Ben Gamari (who is cced on this email). I've provided just testing and a bug fix or two. Anyway, the support is still not there, which means some debugging and fixes are needed. Keep in mind, ARM does have a load of ELF reallocations to take care about...

Konstantinos, if you are ELF man :-), then please have a look at Ben's GHC tree which is a little bit out-dated in comparison with GHC 7.4, but from the ARM functionality it's up-to-date. It's here: https://github.com/bgamari/ghc/commits/arm-ghci/ -- i.e. https://github.com/bgamari/ghc/ and the branch name is arm-ghci.

You will need to deal with rts/Linker.c and related (very few) files. You don't need to be Haskell hacker at all, this all is about pure C anyway...

Any patches highly welcome here!

Thanks!
Karel