Re: Packaging hoogle

Hi.

I am maintaining ghc-mod package.
Today, it can insert "import Module" for haskell function with hoogle command.
# It's too similar to eclipse. :)

I would like to support the ghc-mod's function.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>>     There are a bunch of copy right issues about this data, mainly that
>>     if currently doesn't have copyright, other than that it was extracted
>>     from code that is licensed BSD3 or LGPL or MIT etc etc.
>
> Given that it does not contain code, but rather is a database, for which
> different copyright laws apply, I hope (and expect) that this is not a
> problem.

I think it's a big problem.
How about "hoogle" package don't contain database,
and we don't provide "hoogle-data" package also.

It's good solution for me, that "hoogle" package automatically execute
"hoogle data".
If the command got error, user manually run "update-hoogle" command.
The "update-hoogle" command is equivalent to "hoogle data" command.

If hoogle's database is located at /var/lib/hoogle/xxxx,
the database can be update by user own.

Best regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe