Re: The importance of versioned build dependencies

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> it is your
> responsibility to check it is within the version range of the depending
> packages. It should be enough to check the Sources files for that. But
> in this case, the package did not list the dependencies, and things go
> wrong.

Unfortunately this relies on humans who are such unreliable
creatures. We really should have some tool that checks this.

> Maybe someone wants to write a lintian check for this?

The main thing that stop me working on lintian is that its
written in Perl, a language I can only just write and hardly
read at all :-).

Maybe a better place for this would be haskell-devscripts?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/