Re: RFS: haskell-primitive & haskell-vector & some others

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 16:47 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2011, 15:04 +0100 schrieb Iulian Udrea:
> > On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 20:14 +0100, Iulian Udrea wrote:
> > > Dan Doel has just uploaded vector-algorithms 0.5.3 with the following
> > > dependencies: primitive (>= 0.3 & < 0.5), vector (>= 0.6 & < 0.10). I'm
> > > updating the remaining packages now.
> >
> > What is the best practice for upgrading packages that are dependencies
> > of other packages? In this case, if we upload vector, then we have to
> > upload the newest version of primitive (0.4.0.1) and then either upgrade
> > (if there are new upstream releases) the rest of the packages that have
> > as dependencies primitive or vector or binNMU them.
> >
> > Should we wait for a transition to happen and then upgrade them or go
> > with scheduling binNMUs (for packages that don't have newer upstream
> > releases) so that we won't end up with broken packages in the archive.
> >
> > I'd appreciate it if someone could enlighten me a tad about this.
>
> NMUs. They are easy to schedule using the haskell-pkg-debcheck tool in
> in our tools/ repository, and thanks to autosigning now don’t even
> require human intervention by anyone else.
>
> I have access to the wanna-built database for scheduling binNMUs for
> Haskell, so you can just ping me (via the mailing list) that there is a
> need to binNMUs, and I can run the script and schedule the binNMUs.
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

OK, here we go.

The following packages have been upgraded to their newest upstream
version. I've also done some small changes to them like bumping
dependencies and so forth.

haskell-primitive
haskell-vector
haskell-mwc-random
haskell-criterion
haskell-statistics - this depends on a (new) package called monad-par
which I've just packaged. It can be found at
vasks:/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-monad-par/
haskell-vector-algorithms

Packages that require binNMUs:
haskell-cryptocipher
haskell-cprng-aes
haskell-tls
haskell-tls-extra
haskell-blaze-textual
haskell-aeson
haskell-vty
haskell-hledger-vty

The above packages need to be uploaded/binNMUed in the following order:
(new) haskell-monad-par
haskell-primitive - upload
haskell-vector - upload
haskell-statistics - upload
haskell-cryptocipher -binNMU
haskell-mwc-random - upload
haskell-vector-algorithms - upload
haskell-vty - binNMU
haskell-blaze-textual - binNMU
haskell-criterion - upload
haskell-cprng-aes - binNMU
haskell-tls - binNMU
haskell-tls-extra - binNMU
haskell-aeson - binNMU
haskell-hledger-vty - binNMU

I hope I haven't missed anything. I will keep an eye out for these.

Cheers,
--
Iulian Udrea
iulian@linux.com