Re: Data packages tracker

Hi.

On 26/07/2011 01:10, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> It seems to me that this is not necessary restricted to data packages
> shipped with the current source, but rather any dependency that should
> be added to any program using the code. This could be a binary that the
> program calls, a service such as a dbus or anything else. Hence maybe
> you want to rename DEB_GHC_DATA_PACKAGES to DEB_GHC_EXTRA_DEPENDENCIES
> or DEB_GHC_RUNTIME_DEPS and also the files created by the patches.

Right, done (the EXTRA variant).

> (I only skimmed the patches though, it is too late already).
>
>> Unfortunately haskell-devscripts code is sometimes a bit complicated. I
>> tried to do as least changes as possible and keep the same style of the
>> existing code.
>
> I would not mind a rewrite of haskell-devscripts, mabye in something
> slightly safer and more reliable than bash (thinking perl here, to avoid
> circular dependencies with ghc). But I won’t have the time any time
> soon.

I don't think that would require huge changes, just having a more
regular execution flow in the dh_haskell_* scripts and some
refactorizations in hlibrary.mk. For me shell scripts are good enough
(moreover, I don't know Perl). Maybe I'll work on this later during DebConf.

Joachim, you're at Debconf, right? How it happened that we haven't met
yet so far? :-P

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>