Re: Data packages tracker

Hi,

great, thanks!

Am Dienstag, den 26.07.2011, 01:05 +0200 schrieb Giovanni Mascellani:
> Please, let me know your opinions and comments about my patches.

It seems to me that this is not necessary restricted to data packages
shipped with the current source, but rather any dependency that should
be added to any program using the code. This could be a binary that the
program calls, a service such as a dbus or anything else. Hence maybe
you want to rename DEB_GHC_DATA_PACKAGES to DEB_GHC_EXTRA_DEPENDENCIES
or DEB_GHC_RUNTIME_DEPS and also the files created by the patches.

(I only skimmed the patches though, it is too late already).

> Unfortunately haskell-devscripts code is sometimes a bit complicated. I
> tried to do as least changes as possible and keep the same style of the
> existing code.

I would not mind a rewrite of haskell-devscripts, mabye in something
slightly safer and more reliable than bash (thinking perl here, to avoid
circular dependencies with ghc). But I won’t have the time any time
soon.