Re: haskell-mtlparse in the DHG

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.05.2011, 13:46 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:32:21AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > If you just need haskell-mtlparse in Debian as a dependency for
> > something else and otherwise don’t care about Haskell, we’d be happy to
> > take over maintenance of it. If you need other libraries, a mail to
> > d-haskell will usually get it packaged quickly.
>
> Yes, I need mtlparse as a dependency of regexpr as a dependency of
> hledger-lib as a dependency of hledger.  If the DHG would like to
> maintain all of those, that would be just fine by me.

ah, hledger, nice.

Generally, I am supportive of having a human maintainer for programs,
while having group maintenance for libraries, as programs also involve
the „end user support“, more specific issues of documentation, desktop
files and what not, so these benefit from the attention of a single
maintainer.

If you follow this argumentation, we could put the dependencies under
the DHG hood and you keep the ledger package.

> > I’m just reviewing your package. Your watch file refers to a wrong
> > package name. The rest looks good (but then, we have worked hard to make
> > Haskell library packaging as trivial as possible :-))
>
> Let me know if you would like me to fix the watch file before you
> adopt it, and thanks!

Well, what about the option that you join the haskell group and ensure
from within the group that the haskell libraries you need are in
shape? :-) (We always need manpower, especially people with upload
rights are very useful when it comes to transitions like the ghc7 one)

(If you are not interested, that is fine of course as well.)

We can fix the watchfile upon adoption.