Re: darcs' debian/control ghc6 -> ghc pisses off pbuilder

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2011, 12:50 +1000 schrieb Trent W. Buck:
> "Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'd prefer to leave that to the next maintainer.  I intend to hand
> > darcs over as soon as I "clean house" by packaging the current release
> > and going through any outstanding bugs in bdo.
>
> Blockers for current darcs in sid are:
>
>     DONE mmap 0.5.x
>     DONE hashed-storage 0.5.3+
>     DONE parsec 2.x

do you really need parsec2? Given that parsec 3 is in the platform now,
I would have loved to see all packages using parsec3 and we could drop
parsec2 completely.

>     TODO rebase quilt patches against 2.5.2
>     TODO triage open darcs/hashed-storage/mmap bugs
>
> I've done the first three just now, but I'm not in the Uploaders field
> for mmap or parsec so I can't upload source packages to the archive.

I’m traveling at the moment, I hope someone else can handle that.

> I'm not sure if Darcs should still be explicitly forcing parsec2.  Last
> time I asked, I was told in no uncertain terms that parsec3 SHOULD NOT
> be used in production; that only parsec2 was "fast enough".  If this is
> no longer the case, parsec2 can be left to bitrot and Darcs can be
> unforced.

Ah, see above. Maybe we should check back with the Darcs devels, but
parsec3 being in the platform is a strong indicator that it ought to be
used.