Re: darcs' debian/control ghc6 -> ghc pisses off pbuilder

"Trent W. Buck" <trentbuck@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd prefer to leave that to the next maintainer.  I intend to hand
> darcs over as soon as I "clean house" by packaging the current release
> and going through any outstanding bugs in bdo.

Blockers for current darcs in sid are:

    DONE mmap 0.5.x
    DONE hashed-storage 0.5.3+
    DONE parsec 2.x
    TODO rebase quilt patches against 2.5.2
    TODO triage open darcs/hashed-storage/mmap bugs

I've done the first three just now, but I'm not in the Uploaders field
for mmap or parsec so I can't upload source packages to the archive.
I've pushed the patches to debian/ (as you can see) and put the source
packages here:

    dget http://cyber.com.au/~twb/tmp/haskell-hashed-storage_0.5.6-1.dsc
    dget http://cyber.com.au/~twb/tmp/haskell-mmap_0.5.7-1.dsc
    dget http://cyber.com.au/~twb/tmp/haskell-parsec2_2.1.0.1-3.dsc

I'm not sure if Darcs should still be explicitly forcing parsec2.  Last
time I asked, I was told in no uncertain terms that parsec3 SHOULD NOT
be used in production; that only parsec2 was "fast enough".  If this is
no longer the case, parsec2 can be left to bitrot and Darcs can be
unforced.

I'm working on the last two now; I intend to send another update when
I'm done for the day.