Re: ghc dependencies in sid

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 10.04.2011, 09:33 +0530 schrieb Rustom Mody:
> Coming back to the topic:
> Trying to dist-upgrade, aptitude shows an intention to remove:
>
> ghc6
> ghc6-prof
> libghc6-binary-dev
> libghc6-parsec2-dev
> libghc6-parsec2-doc
> (and some few others not haskell related)
>
> If ghc is replacing ghc6 then I guess its fine and I just go ahead?

Yes. It should replace those libghc6-*-dev packages which are already
rebuild against ghc by the appropriate libghc-*-dev package, due to
transitional dummy package. So binary and parsec2 have not yet been
uploaded for ghc-7. If you need those packages, then wait until
dist-upgrade does not report that it will remove them (and bug us about
it, so that we upload these sooner than others). If you can live without
them, just go ahead.

Anyways, I just uploaded ghc-7.0.3, which requires some library package
to be rebuild again. Until that happens, more are not installable again
– just keep trying until you find a moment where the set of installable
packages suits you :-)

> PS Should I 'reply all' or just write to debian-haskell@lists.debian.org ?

That depends: I read d-haskell, no need to reply to me. I don’t know
about Benoit, though. Rule of thumb: If someone joins the discussion
without explicitly being addressed in an earlier mail, he reads the list
and does not to be CCed.