Re: ghc dependencies in sid

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:06 AM,  <benoit.triquet@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> I confirm that 2:5.0.1+dfsg-7 is the one i see in unstable at this
> moment, so it definitely looks like a synaptic bug, and synaptic only.
>
> You could double check aptitude's opinion with apt-get -l or
> dpkg-query -W and then submit a bug report to synaptic.

I hope this is not getting too offtopic :-) but anyway here goes:

In addition to aptitude show libgmp-dev (which shows it as installed)
even synaptic shows it if I type in libgmp-dev in the dialog-box that
appears after Ctrl-f
It only does not show it if I type it in the toolbar's quick filter box.

If this looks like a bug in synaptic I can sure file it -- but I dont
know of the subtle differences between the quick filter box and the
Ctrl-f box.

Coming back to the topic:
Trying to dist-upgrade, aptitude shows an intention to remove:

ghc6
ghc6-prof
libghc6-binary-dev
libghc6-parsec2-dev
libghc6-parsec2-doc
(and some few others not haskell related)

If ghc is replacing ghc6 then I guess its fine and I just go ahead?

Thanks

Rusi

PS Should I 'reply all' or just write to debian-haskell@lists.debian.org ?