Re: ghc dependencies in sid

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 08.04.2011, 10:56 +0530 schrieb Rustom Mody:
> >> And I do not see libgmp10-dev* in synaptic
> >
> > ...this one has been going in and out of unstable. but you don't care,
> > right now, you want libgmp-dev which conflicts with, replaces and
> > provides both libgmp3-dev (on which older gcc and ghc6 used to depend)
> > and libgmp10-dev (on which current gcc and ghc6 depend), so that
> > regarding gmp, you can have either ghc6 or ghc (you have to choose as
> > they conflict).
>
> I do not see libgmp10-dev or libgmp-dev.  Only libgmp3-dev.
> There is a libgmp3c2
> [This is after changing from testing to  unstable in sources.list and
> running aptitude update]

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gmp/news/20110323T094013Z.html:
* control: Make libgmp-dev, and lib{32,64}-dev real packages, providing
     virtual packages libgmp10-dev, etc.  Add real package libgmp3-dev, a
     dummy package to pull in libgmp-dev.  Required to ease transition of
     mlton because it build-depends on itself and on versioned libgmp3-dev.
     See http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2011/03/msg00374.html.

so at least libgmp-dev should be visible:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libgmp-dev