539 transition packages...

Dear FTP-team,

we are currently making a transition towards ghc version 7, which
includes renaming the binary packages names of the libraries from
libghc6-*-* to libghc-*-*. (I guess this is nothing new to you, as these
uploads have been pestering NEW for a while now).

For a proper renaming with a graceful transition for our users, we ought
to provide transitional dummy package libghc6-*-*, that depend on the
new libghc-*-*. This affects 539 binary packages in squeeze.

Normally one would add the dummy packages in the source they are shipped
with. But modifying ~180 source packages would cause a lot of manual
work and eat unnecessary buildd power. Therefore, I’d prefer to walk the
same route taken for the (smaller) transition of haskell-*-doc →
libghc6-*-doc package names: Have one source package (for which the
existing haskell-dummy package can be used) with a high version number
(one epoch higher than the highest affected package) that hosts all the
transitional packages.

But before uploading a source package with 539 binary packages, I’d like
to ask for permission from the FTP-team, or advice if there is a better
solution.

Thanks,