Re: ghc built on all arches

Hi.

On 04/04/2011 17:05, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> surprisingly, we did not hit any arch-specific problems in unstable, and
> ghc now built on all arches. I’ll upload a new ghc revision soon to
> remove the wrong Provides, and to re-instantiate the ghc6 transition
> package. I’ll also notify the gmp maintainer that he can drop the
> Provides he put in to help us.
>
> The haskell platform is also already installable, but most of the other
> libraries not. Please see at
> http://release.debian.org/transitions/ghc7.html
> for what is left to do, and if you are a DD, please help.

Sorry for not being too much active. Unfortunately I'm quite busy these
days. I'm trying to spend all the time I have on my Haskell packages,
but it's not much.

> Here is how I do it: In one window I run
> $ sudo cowbuilder --login --bindmounts ~jojo/debian/pkg-haskell/packages/
> in another window I prepare the sources (e.g. upgrading the version,
> removing doc-base registrations, and in any case running "dch -r ''"). A
> third window is where I upload stuff using
> $ debcommit -r && debsign && debrelease ssh-upload && darcs push --repodir=debian -av
>
> This way I can prepare the next package while one is building in the
> chroot, which I use continuously with
> $ cd ../haskell-foo; debuild -uc -us -tc

I also suggest debomatic, which is able to automatically build and
maintain various cowbuilder (or pbuilder) chroots.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy