Re: RFH: ghc

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:04:32AM -0200, Marco Silva wrote:
> Kaol, do you have anything already done that is not in ghc6-6.12.1-13?  If yes,
> can you put it in a darcs repo in darcs.debian.org/pkg-haskell?

None so far, except for an unfinished script that'd merge individual
packages' haddock generated HTML documentation into ghc-doc's main
index, bypassing using .haddock files at all.  But even haddock
generated HTML has changed since.

I guess a saner alternative would be to add some sort of simpler API
index format support to haddock itself, that would only have the
module and function names needed for building the contents and index
files.  Something that'd be platform and ghc version independent.

But I'd still like to see some solution that'd allow ghc-doc to
generate the index with no need for an arch dependent package like
haddock.  I'm hoping that ia64 was the last architecture that had to
be left aside.

BTW, Gentoo apparently has a working ia64 ghc.  If anyone has interest
in that then that would be a good starting point.