Re: Upcoming GHC 7 release and package names with ghc6 in them

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 02.10.2010, 11:28 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Excerpts from Joachim Breitner's message of Sáb Out 02 11:05:32 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> > Marco, you recently worked on the -dev name consolidation, and thus know
> > about clean package renames. What modifications should be done to rename
> > the packages now? These should probably be implemented in
> > haskell-devscripts.
>
> The changes are in debian/control.  Are you thinking of something reading
> debian/control.in and generating debian/control, to be runned by the
> maintainer?  I think this is doable, using variables in the ghc6 part of the
> packages, and maybe in another part.

Actually, I was just refering to figuring out the correct Provides,
Replaces, Depends, Conflicts etc...

About actually doing the change, having a script in tools/ to automate
the changes that can not be done inside haskell-devscripts would indeed
be helpful.