Re: haskell-time 1.1.4

Opa Leandro.

You can send your e-mails only to the list, since I'm subscribed.

Excerpts from Leandro Penz's message of Dom Abr 18 11:18:30 -0300 2010:
(...)
> I took haskell-time to version 1.1.4, as required by the next version
> of haskell-platform. The license is the same, but there an issue with
> the dependencies. The reverse-dependencies on libghc6-time-dev 1.2.4-3
> are unversioned, but ghc6 6.12.1-12 also provides the name in another
> version: libghc6-time-dev-1.1.4-74673.
>
> I'm confused :) If the separate package is not needed, shouldn't the
> new ghc6 conflict with it? In that case, the Haskell Platform debian
> wiki is out-of-date, as we already provide 1.1.4.

Thanks for your work.

Unfortunately you chose a package which is provided by GHC.  I wonder why is
this package still in the repository.  Should we remove it?

Leandro, please work in another one.

> Other than that, haskell-time 1.1.4 is just a matter of inserting a
> new entry in debian/changelog, as far as I can tell.

Yes, that's what needs to be done in most of the cases.

> We can also comment on #426612 that the Typeable instances are already
> provided.

I guess this bug will be closed when the package is removed.

> PS: I have no place to upload any changes, as I am in no alioth project.

Have you already given your username in alioth to an admin of the group?

Abraços.
--
marcot
http://wiki.debian.org/MarcoSilva