Re: Ubuntu versions vs Debian versions?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 29.07.2010, 11:18 +0100 schrieb Iain Lane:
> Do we really think that our model is unsuitable for *developers*? Can
> we work with the haskell library community to fix this? Is it just
> that the ecosystem is too immature and needs some time?

For developers of haskell libraries that are meant to go to hackage, I
doubt that you can build on anything else but cabal-install or maybe
Debian sid.

This might be different for developers that purely use Haskell to build
applications, e.g. the server component of the game hedgehog.

Over time, the situation will improve. The Platform especially should
help to have a more stable base to build on. But I don’t think it will
happen soon.