Re: Ubuntu versions vs Debian versions?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:07:21AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
Iain Lane wrote:

I am disappinted to see this come up on debian-haskell, where I'd expect
people to understand the difference between Ubuntu releases and the
various Debian ones.

<snip>

Squeeze (testing) and sid are both rolling releases. Ubuntu releases are
not.

[...]

I'm trying not to rag on Ubuntu, but Ubuntu defenders also need to
realise that for some people Ubuntu is not a good fit and they
shouldn't be too defensive about it.

OK. I won't respond any further after this email if you think I am being too defensive.

* Would you have us remove Haskell from Debian stable and Ubuntu stable releases? * Why is Haskell in a privileged/special position here when compared to other languages? How is this the fault of the distribution? What should we do about it?

Iain
who is being made to feel demotivated about his Haskell packaging work