Re: Bluetile 0.5

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 07:55:21PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hmm, doesn’t work here:
>
> $ cat /usr/share/bluetile/etc/bluetilerc_user_template
> # This is your Bluetile configuration file.
> # Use this file to make changes to the default configuration.
> # You can see all the defaults in the file
> # debian/bluetile/usr/share/bluetile/etc/bluetilerc
>
> It includes the --destdir, which is debian/bluetile. I fixed this using
> the attached patch.

Aw, I see. I'll fix that, thank you for writing up that patch!

> Did you intend to be the global bluetilerc to be installed into /etc and
> modified? Currenty it is stored in the data directory, which should not
> be written to by the admin. I think the current scheme is fine, as the
> users ought to make their changes in ~/.bluetilerc.

Cabal doesn't seem to have a notion of something like /etc or does it?
So I went this route, which seemed easier. It can stay this way, I don't
mind.

> Why don’y you use "gnome-open"? This will start the editor that the user
> has configured.

Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. I will change it to
gnome-open.

> (I’m waiting with an upload in case you plan to do an immediate release
> with these or other changes. If not, I’ll go ahead).

Yes, I will do another release shortly. There are a few other small
fixes that I like to include, so it will be a few days. You can wait with
the upload until then.

Regards!
Jan