Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] src-exts failing on many architectures

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 19.06.2010, 10:47 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Please use the debian-haskell mailling list for discussion.
>
> Excerpts from Giovanni Mascellani's message of Sáb Jun 19 07:42:11 -0300 2010:
> (...)
> > As you may already know, src-exts is failing to build an many
> > architectures (armel, hppa, mips, mipsel s390) since around an year,
> > with different problems (eats too memory, internal error in gcc and others).
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> > Was this fact already discussed on pkg-haskell? Is there any reasonable
> > solution we can find?
>
> The solution I'm using in haskell-gtk, and Iain Lane is using in agda is not to
> create the -prof package.  For sure it's a loss, because it means removing the
> -prof packages for all reverse dependencies, but I think it's a minor issue
> when compared to not having the packages in all architectures or in testing.

Did you check whether it helps in the case of haskell-src-exts, i.e.
whether all builds fail when building the -prof package, and not already
when building the -dev package? There is nothing inherently special
about the -prof packages, besides the fact that ghc6 needs more memory.

The cause is probably
which is fixed upstream. It could be ported to ghc6-6.12, but it is not
clear if this is a good idea before the release.

Probably removing the -prof package is worth a try.