Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] src-exts failing on many architectures

Hi Giovanni.

Please use the debian-haskell mailling list for discussion.

Excerpts from Giovanni Mascellani's message of Sáb Jun 19 07:42:11 -0300 2010:
(...)
> As you may already know, src-exts is failing to build an many
> architectures (armel, hppa, mips, mipsel s390) since around an year,
> with different problems (eats too memory, internal error in gcc and others).

Thanks for bringing this up.

> Was this fact already discussed on pkg-haskell? Is there any reasonable
> solution we can find?

The solution I'm using in haskell-gtk, and Iain Lane is using in agda is not to
create the -prof package.  For sure it's a loss, because it means removing the
-prof packages for all reverse dependencies, but I think it's a minor issue
when compared to not having the packages in all architectures or in testing.

Greetings.
(...)
--
marcot