Re: My patches to ghc6-6.12.1-9

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:39 PM, David Fox <ddssff@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 13:41 -0800 schrieb David Fox:
>>> I used the 6.12.1-9 packaging to build 6.13-20091231, so I thought I
>>> should post the changes I made to do it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>>  Some of these are fixes
>>> which I think should go into the 6.12 packaging, in particular
>>> removing the hardcoded version number from ghc6.triggers
>>
>> That’s nice.
>>
>>> and restoring the quilt patching code.
>>
>> The quilt code should be unnecessary using the 3.0 (quilt) source
>> format, shoudn’t it?
>
> I do not know about this, I only know my build failed without it.  It
> may be that some package I am using needs to be updated, my builds
> were done on Ubuntu Jaunty and Karmic systems.  I hope it isn't cdbs,
> it has all of java as a build dependency, and the build fails.

Ok, I see that this functionality is provided by dpkg version 1.15.5.4
or newer.  Ubuntu karmic uses 1.15.4 while jaunty uses 1.14.24.  I
find it troubling when the Haskell packaging progresses to a point
where you can only build code on Debian Sid systems, we need to build
applications for servers that are running (relatively) stable versions
of the operating system.