Re: haskell-debian vs. newest HaXml

Hi,

Am Montag, den 14.09.2009, 14:40 -0500 schrieb Jeremy Shaw:
> I dislike epochs, since we can never get rid of them.

I do agree here.

> Last time I checked, the migration was somewhat involved. The types
> and constructors have an additional argument, so pretty much every
> type signature needs to be updated, and other functions need extra
> arguments.

I’m not the most experienced Haskell programmer, but that does not sound
too involved to me. It sounds rather like a case of: For each additional
argument (type or function), I obviously don’t need it, because my code
works, so find out the proper default, add it, and when the code
compiles again I’m done. It might be tedious (for all the type sigs),
but not involved in the sense that it requires big, non-local code
changes.

I’d really like to hear from someone who is using HaXml in his code and
has done the migration, or at least understood the implications, to tell
us how hard it is.