Re: ∀lib: Debian(lib) >= Platform(lib)

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:

> hmm, I was somehow expecting to see "build-depends: platform" in .cabal
> files soon.

Maybe, but I'd caution against it.  At some point, libraries will be
removed, others added.  When things go wrong (fail to compile), it's
better to complain about missing library foo than about the wrong
version of platform.

> If that is not going to be the case, then having anything
> more than a convenience meta package in Debian is probably overkill.

My understanding was that "convenience meta package" is exactly what
the platform is about.  BUT: I may be wrong.  I was hoping dons would
set us straight here?

> „no good argument against“? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

Yes of course - sorry.

-k