Re: Git? (Was: Team maint update)

Hi Joachim.

Em Sat, 04 Jul 2009 09:54:25 +0200
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> escreveu:
(...)
> I have a question WRT that layout. With SVN, it would be possible to
> check out the debian/ folder of one package directly into the
> unpackaged upstream source, thus allowing for regular
> dpkg-buildpackage work. Now, darcs does not have the feature of
> checking out subdirectories.
>
> How do you set up your directories? Do you copy the debian/ dir to the
> upstream sources, and manually copy them back after changes? Do you
> never keep the upstream sources unpackaged and have a
> dpkg-buildpackage wrapper that handles that for you?

I've just added a script to the darcs repository that extracts the upstream
source, from watch, copies the debian/ dir and builds the package.  It's called
build-pkg-haskell.  For usage, see the comments in the code.

To add a new package, create a directory $PACKAGE in the repository, and
that will be the debian/ directory for this package.  To build it, just run
build-pkg-haskell with the correct parameters.

I created a page in the wiki about how to use the darcs repository:
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/DarcsBasic .  Please complete it, if
you like.

Greetings.

--