Re: Git? (Was: Team maint update)

Hi John.

Em Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:57:42 -0500
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> escreveu:
(...)
> Personally I am unconvinced of the merits of a monolithic (whether
> literally or logically) repo, when a simple shell script with "for"
> could suffice.

I think a big repo is good for making the same changes in a lot of packages.
If the packages look the same, or almost the same, most of the changes we do to
one of the packages will be neeeded to do to the another.  Then, we would end
up with the same packages, with the same body and description in a lot of
different repos.  It'd be easier to forget a package this way.

(...)
> If the group prefers Darcs, that's fine; I'll use
> it, but I'm not going to volunteer to set up infrastructure for it
> because I don't have time to do that.

What's the infrastructure?  I can do this too.  I already have a space in
code.haskell.org that I use for my packages, and I can create a darcs
repository with all the debian/ parts of the haskell packages around.

I'll mail here when it's done.

Good afternoon.

--
marcot