Re: I'd like to help out.

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Probably the biggest thing you can do to  help right now is to get
> yourself a Debian unstable chroot or VM and grab the Debian source
> packages for existing packages and make sure they build with the
> 6.10.1 compiler.

That is quite good advice.  I would add that I would love to see three
additional things completed:

1) A cabal-to-deb command that will convert a Hackage download into a
Debian source package, figuring out build-deps from .cabal.  I think
there has been some work on this, but nothing we can rely upon.

2) Infrastructure to rebuild packages that build-dep on a Haskell
library when that library has been updated.

3) Automation for the tool in #1 to build Debian packages from Hackage
ones, update them, etc.