Re: [Fwd: ITP: libghc6-extensible-exceptions -- Extensible exceptions for the Glasgow Haskell Compiler]

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 27.02.2009, 07:56 -0600 schrieb John Goerzen:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 22:23 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
> > Silva:
> >> I'm not very convinced.  I'm not trying to convince about the other
> >> side, but just to learn: why is it bad to have a silly haskell package
> >> high in the dependency tree?
> >
> > Because a new release of extensible-exceptions will require re-builds of
> > all depending packages (and their depending packages)...
>
> Speaking of this, that process is a complete PITA.  Does anybody have
> any automation to make it happen?

Not yet. Note that all it takes (with haskell-devscripts based packages
that build-depend on libraries with only an <= restraint) is sending a
mail to d-release with the correct dep-wait commands. Information should
be gatherable from a Packages files relatively easy...

Also,
GET "http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=sid&list=main%2donly%2drelationship%2dDepends&arch=EVERY"; | html2text -width 200|fgrep 'X__'|cut -d\| -f2,13|tr _ ' '|fgrep "$(echo haskell; echo xmonad; echo hdbc)"|sort -t \| -k 2
will give you a list of packages that might have been forgotten after an
upload.