Re: [Fwd: ITP: libghc6-extensible-exceptions -- Extensible exceptions for the Glasgow Haskell Compiler]

Hi Joachim!

Em Qui, 2009-02-26 às 16:15 +0100, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> Am Donnerstag, den 26.02.2009, 11:20 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
> Silva:
> > Assunto: ITP: libghc6-extensible-exceptions -- Extensible exceptions for
>
> I have looked at this as well, and already stated packaging it, when I
> noticed that all it does for ghc6.10 is re-exporting Control.Exception
> as Control.Exception.Extensible.
>
> So we do not need this package in Debian (where we only have one
> compiler) and can just patch each package to use the other module name.

I don't like the idea of patching upstream source, unless it's really
necessary.  In this case, I think it would harm less to have a silly
package in the Debian context, than to have to patch the upstream
version, and maintain the patches for each upstream release, of each
package that depends on extensible-exceptions.

Greetings.

--
marcot
http://marcot.iaaeee.org/