Using hlibrary.mk in haskell-devscripts

I'm confused by the hlibrary.mk included in haskell-devscripts.  I've
used an old hlibrary.mk for a while but thought I'd switch the
"official" one now.  I replaced `include $(CURDIR)/debian/hlibrary.mk`
with `include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk`.  After fixing a bug
(spaces instead of a tab, #517028) I got the following:

 % debuild
 dpkg-source: info: building haskell-dataenc in haskell-dataenc_0.11-2.dsc
  debian/rules build
 make: *** No rule to make target `build'.  Stop.
 dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
 debuild: fatal error at line 1319:
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

Have I missed something or is this a rather serious bug in hlibrary.mk?

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts