Re: Using hlibrary.mk in haskell-devscripts

Magnus Therning wrote:
> I'm confused by the hlibrary.mk included in haskell-devscripts.  I've
> used an old hlibrary.mk for a while but thought I'd switch the
> "official" one now.  I replaced `include $(CURDIR)/debian/hlibrary.mk`
> with `include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk`.  After fixing a bug
> (spaces instead of a tab, #517028) I got the following:
>
>  % debuild
>  dpkg-source: info: building haskell-dataenc in haskell-dataenc_0.11-2.dsc
>   debian/rules build
>  make: *** No rule to make target `build'.  Stop.
>  dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
>  debuild: fatal error at line 1319:
>  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed
>
> Have I missed something or is this a rather serious bug in hlibrary.mk?

I did indeed miss something, the full rules file should look like this:

  #!/usr/bin/make -f

  include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
  include /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk

Just like http://people.debian.org/~kaol/repos/hlibrary/rules says.

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts