Re: ∀lib: Debian(lib) >= Platform(lib)

Ketil Malde <ketil@malde.org> writes:

> twb@cybersource.com.au (Trent W. Buck) writes:
>
>>> I think it is important there be a single apt command to get
>>> "Haskell".
>
>> Why?
>
> I think it is important to point out that the Haskell platform
> metapackage is for developers, rather than users.

Good point.  My "Why?" was meant to be objective, as in "I see there are
reasons, but which ones are YOU thinking of?" but I accidentally started
ranting.  Sorry.

I especially see the benefit in ACADEMIA, where you can teach against
haskell-platform version N and not have to care what OS/distro the
students are using at home.