Re: Should haskell-devscripts depend on hscolour?

Hi,

Am Montag, den 20.07.2009, 17:48 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> Em Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:30:04 +0200
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> escreveu:
> (...)
> > haskell-devscripts, by default, build docs with hscolour. At the moment,
> > every package needs a Build-Dependency on hscolour, despite actually
> > mentioning it anywhere. Woudn’t it make more sense to have
> > haskell-devscripts depend on hscolour?
>
> Isn't it the same with gch6, ghc6-prof, ghc6-doc and haddock?  Should all of
> them be a dependency?

Hmm. Actually, yes :-)

(I thought of hscolour first because that’s lacking as a
build-dependency on a lot of packages).

This is actually a neat idea to avoid the sourceful uploads that I
mentioned in my last mail: If the upcoming haskell-devscripts that will
move haddock files to -dev would depend on these five packages, it is no
problem if some haskell-* packages still list them as B-D-I, as they
have haddock as a B-D.