Re: hscolour

Hi Erik,

Am Samstag, den 11.07.2009, 16:50 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> > I noticed that hscolour is very old and does not ship
> > libghc6-hscolour-dev, which will be useful for hlint and maybe some of
> > the editors. It’s maintained by Ian and thus up for adoption.
> >
> > If someone wants to give it a shot it would be nice.
>
> Ok, I waited 24 hours and noone took it, so I'll give it a shot.

Great!

> There are two outstanding bugs:
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=hscolour
>
> which are easy enough to fix and close.
>
> I would also move it to haskell-devscripts and add binary package
> libghc6-hscolour-dev. Since I/we are adding a Binary, doesn't this
> need to go through the Debian NEW queue? If so, wouldn't it be
> better to do a release without the -dev package first and then a
> second release with the -dev that goes through NEW?

Not sure if it’s worth the hassle. The version in unstable now is only
the binary, which still works fine and is not holding up a transition.

> Is there an  up-for-adoption bug I should close? If not, what is
> the process to be followed? I have emailed one of the bugs volunteering
> to adopt. I would prefer to avoid the rather long process in the
> Policy manual of having the existing maintainer declared MIA :-).

Ian has put up all his Haskell packages for adoption in a message to
this list some months ago, and has not complained about any of the
recent adoptions of his packages, so there is no process to be followed
in this case :-)