Re: hscolour

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> I noticed that hscolour is very old and does not ship
> libghc6-hscolour-dev, which will be useful for hlint and maybe some of
> the editors. It’s maintained by Ian and thus up for adoption.
>
> If someone wants to give it a shot it would be nice.

Ok, I waited 24 hours and noone took it, so I'll give it a shot.

There are two outstanding bugs:

    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=hscolour

which are easy enough to fix and close.

I would also move it to haskell-devscripts and add binary package
libghc6-hscolour-dev. Since I/we are adding a Binary, doesn't this
need to go through the Debian NEW queue? If so, wouldn't it be
better to do a release without the -dev package first and then a
second release with the -dev that goes through NEW?

Is there an  up-for-adoption bug I should close? If not, what is
the process to be followed? I have emailed one of the bugs volunteering
to adopt. I would prefer to avoid the rather long process in the
Policy manual of having the existing maintainer declared MIA :-).

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/