Re: ANN: cabal-debian et el

trentbuck@gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:

> "Jeremy Shaw" <jeremy@n-heptane.com> writes:
>
>> Automatically generate a debian directory from a .cabal package. To
>> use, cd in the root directory of the .cabal project and run:
>>
>>  cabal-debian --debianize
>
> Also, by default it sets debian/compat to 7, but the build dependency is
> on debhelper >> 5.  Shouldn't these match? [...]

I found some more notes:

 - Currently the short descriptions are all identical.  Convention seems
   to be to append "; documentation" and "; profiling libraries"
   respectively for the appropriate bits.

 - No DEHS/uscan watch file is provided.  A hackage one is trivial:

    $ cat debian/watch
    version=3
    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Foo \
     /packages/archive/Foo/[^/]*/Foo-(.*).tar.gz

   Where "Foo" is the package name.  I don't know what to do about
   debianizing cabal packages that aren't on hackage.

 - No final newline in debian/compat.  This makes the .diff.gz slightly
   ugly "\ no trailing newline".

 - Auto-add DMUA field in debian/compat?  It's easy to forget, and if
   you do, you need to pester your sponsor for a second upload.  Maybe
   auto-add it only if --maintainer Foo is found in the
   debian-maintainers keyring (and that package is installed)?