Re: Quick idea: VCS for cabal-debian → official-debian modifications

"Jeremy Shaw" <jeremy@n-heptane.com> writes:

> The only difference between different runs of cabal-debian will be the
> debian/control and debian/changelog files -- the rest should be the
> same.

What about, for example, when the Debian maintainer has carefully
prepared an accurate debian/copyright, but upstream has changed the
value of LICENSE?  Will cabal-debian --update-debianization leave the
debian/copyright file alone?

For things like .postinst or .install, I assume cabal-debian
--update-debianization will just leave alone whatever it finds there.