Re: GHC 6.10.1 uploaded to experimental

Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> [..]
>
>>> Am I correct in thinking that the amd64 build[3] failed because of
>>> haddock?  (haddock 2.4.1-1 is available in experimental amd64 now, so
>>> what's keeping the system from making another attempt?)
>> You are referring to:
>> http://experimental.debian.net/build.php?&pkg=ghc6
>>
>> Probably a full build queue for amd64, but that's just speculation.
>
> This is the response I got from Marc Brockschmidt:
>
> "The box crashed three times when actually trying to build ghc.
> Pending further investigation, it's turned off."
>
> I'll have to wait a little longer for the goodness it seems :(

Is there any other way of getting a binary build of 6.10 for amd64 into
experimental (e.g. binNMU) or is waiting for the auto-builder the only
way forward?

I could build it myself, but then I'd also have to build all other libs.
 I'm assuming that the presence of a binary ghc6 in experimental would
mean amd64 soon will catch up with i386 in number of available packages,
right?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts