Re: GHC 6.10.1 uploaded to experimental

Just thought I'd report that ghc6-6.10.1+dfsg1 seems to build nicely on
amd64.

I saw a few Debian-related warnings:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libncurses.so.5 could be avoided
if "debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/ghc" were not uselessly linked
against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libutil.so.1 could be avoided if
"debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/ghc-pkg
debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/runghc
debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/hsc2hs
debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/bin/hasktags
debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/bin/hpc
debian/ghc6/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.1/ghc" were not uselessly linked against it
(they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}

There still doesn't seem to be a package for amd64 in experimental,
which confuses me.  Where can I find out more about how experimental
works.

Am I right in assuming that PTS[1] is the place to keep track of
progress?
How come there's uncertainty for building on all platforms reported by
the buildsystem[2]?
Am I correct in thinking that the amd64 build[3] failed because of
haddock?  (haddock 2.4.1-1 is available in experimental amd64 now, so
what's keeping the system from making another attempt?)

Sorry for turning this into a request for a lesson on how Debian
works...

/M

[1]: http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/ghc6.html
[2]: http://experimental.debian.net/build.php?pkg=ghc6
[3]:
http://experimental.debian.net/fetch.php?&pkg=ghc6&ver=6.10.1%2Bdfsg1-1&arch=amd64&stamp=1232390581&file=log&as=raw

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts